Miss Vera received her B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico (Suma Cum Laude) in June 2006. After working in Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, in 2007 she received a GEM fellowship to pursue graduate studies at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Georgia Tech. In 2008 she joined the MiRCTech group. She received her M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2009 and is currently pursuing her PhD degree.
- Honorable Mention (top 10) in Best Student Paper Competition at the 2012 International Microwave Symposium in Montreal, Canada
- Goizueta Fellowship
- Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship Recipient (2009-2010)
- GEM fellow
- Lightweight organic-based 60 GHz front-ends
- High-Frequency antenna modeling
- Mm-wave antenna design and integration
- Graduate Research Assistant (2008 – present) – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Summer Intern (2008) – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (RCS Modeling)
- Summer Intern (2007) – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (RCS Modeling)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Fall Intern (09/06 – 12/06) – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, MD (Systems Engineering efforts in RCS Modeling)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (2006) – Collaborative Adaptive Sensing of the Atmosphere (CASA) at the University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez (Wireless link design for Radar data acquisition; Radio propagation analysis for the study of terrain profiles)
- A. Vera López, W. T. Khan and J. Papapolymerou, “Orientation Study to Minimize Coupling Effects of Dual-Packaged Millimeter-Wave Antennas,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation Journal, Volume 9, Issue 2, January 2015.
- W.T. Khan, A. Vera López, C. Ulusoy, and J. Papapolymerou, “Packaging a W-Band Integrated Module with an Optimized Flip-Chip Interconnect on an Organic Substrate,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT), Volume 62, Issue 1, pp. 64-72, January 2014.
- S.C. Kwon, G.L. Stüber, A. Vera López, and J. Papapolymerou, “Geometrically Based Statistical Model for Polarized Body Area-Network Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Volume 62, Issue 8, October 2013.
- A. Vera López, E.A. Rojas-Nastrucci, M. Córdoba-Erazo, T. Weller, and J. Papapolymerou, “Ka-Band Characterization and RF Design of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS),” 2015 IEEE International Microwave Symposium, Phoenix, AZ, USA, May 2015.
- S. Zeinolabedinzadeh, A. Vera López, N.E. Lourenco, A.C. Ulusoy, M. Kaynak, M. Kamarei, B. Tillack, J. Papapolymerou, and J.D. Cressler “A 2×2, 316 GHz SiGe Scalable Transmitter Array with Novel Phase Locking Method and On-die Antennas,” 2014 IEEE Bipolar/BiCMOS Circuits and Technology Meeting (BCTM), San Diego, CA, USA, September 2014.
- E.A. Rojas-Nastrucci, T. Weller, A. Vera López, F. Cai and J. Papapolymerou, “A Study on 3D-Printed Coplanar Waveguide with Meshed and Finite Ground Planes,” Proceedings 2014 IEEE 15th Annual Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON), June 2014.
- A. Vera López, D.B. Giles, W.T. Khan, O. Chlieh, and J. Papapolymerou, “Microfluidic Channel on Organic Substrates as Size Reducing Technique for 915 MHz Antenna Designs,” 2013 IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, Seoul, South Korea, November 2013.
- S.C. Kwon, G.L. Stüber, A. Vera López, and J. Papapolymerou, “Geometrically Based Statistical Model for Polarized Body Area Network Channels,” Proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), August 2013.
- W.T. Khan, A.L. Vera López, G.E. Ponchak and J. Papapolymerou, “Integration of V-Band and W-Band Antennas with SPDT Switch on Organic Substrate,” Proceedings of 2013 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), July 2013.
- A. Vera López, W.T. Khan, A. Akiba, K. Ikeda, H. Mitsuo, and J. Papapolymerou, “Dual Frequency Organically Packaged Antenna Array at 57 and 80 GHz,” 2013 IEEE International Microwave Symposium, Seattle, WA, USA, June 2013.
- *A. Vera López, A. Akiba, K. Ikeda, S. Mitarai, G.E. Ponchak, and J. Papapolymerou, “Hybrid Silicon-Organic Packaged Antenna Array at 60 and 80 GHz Using a Low-Cost Bonding Technique,” 2012 IEEE International Microwave Symposium, Montréal, Canada, 2012.
* Honorable Mention Best Student Paper Competition (Top 10)
- A. Vera López, J. Papapolymerou, A. Akiba, K. Ikeda, S. Mitarai, G.E. Ponchak, “60 GHz Micromachined Patch Antenna for Wireless Applications,” 2011 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Spokane, WA, USA, 2011.
- A. Vera López, S. Bhattacharya, C. Donado Morcillo, J. Papapolymerou, D. Choudhury, and A. Horn, “Novel Low Loss Thin Film Materials for Wireless 60 GHz Applications,” IEEE 60th Electronic Components and Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV, USA, 2010.
- Arnaud Amadjikpe, A. Vera, D. Choudhury and J. Papapolymerou, “Study of a 60 GHz Rectangular Patch Antenna on a Flexible LCP Substrate for Mobile Applications,” Proceedings of IEEE’s 2008 Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (AP-S), July 2008.
Technology Square Research Building
85 Fifth Street NW, Suite 547
Atlanta, GA 30308
Phone: (404) 385-6408