Mr. Chung graduated from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in December 2004 with a BS Degree in ECE. After entering the ECE department at the Georgia Institute of Technology in January 2005 for a MS degree, Mr. Chung has joined MiRCTECH as a Ph.D. Student starting in January 2006.
- Microwave Filter Design using LCP
- RF MEMS design
- High Frequency Communication Systems
- S. K. Bhattacharya, D. J. Chung, Y. Zhang, J. Chen, J. Papapolymerou, “A Hybrid Wafer Level Packaging Technique for Multi-Chip Interconnect Using Low Loss Organic Layers,” IEEE Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronic Systems, Nov. 2009.
- D. J. Chung, S. Bhattacharya, G. E. Ponchak, J. Papapolymerou, “A ‘stitched’ flexible light weight multilayer 16×16 antenna array on LCP,”European Microwave Conference, pg. 906 – 909, Oct 2009.
- D. J. Chung, S. Bhattacharya, G. E. Ponchak, J. Papapolymerou, “An 8×8 lightweight flexible multilayer antenna array,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation International Symposium, pg.1 – 4, June 2009.
- D. J. Chung, S. K. Bhattacharya, J. Papapolymerou “Low loss multilayer transitions using via technology on LCP from DC to 40 GHz,” 59thElectronic Components and Technology Conference, pg. 2025 – 2029, May 2009.
- T. Wojtaszek, J. T. Bernhard, G. H. Huff, D. J. Chung, and J. Papapolymerou “Reconfigurable Antennas with Integrated RF MEMS Switches for Military MIMO Applications,” Government Microcircuit Applications & Critical Technology Conference, Mar. 2009.
- D. Chung, S. K. Bhattacharya. J. Papapolymerou, “Phased array antennas on LCP,” Mid Atlantic MEMS Conference, Laurel, MD, Nov 2008.
- Chung-Hao Chen, D. J. Chung, S. Bhattacharya, J. Papapolymerou, D. Peroulis, “Low-Cost 3-D Integration of RF and Micro-Cooling Systems,” 38th European Microwave Conference, pg 9 – 12, Oct. 2008.
- D. J. Chung, R. G. Polcawich, D. Judy, J. Pulskamp, J. Papapolymerou, “A SP2T and a SP4T switch using low loss piezoelectric MEMS,”IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pg. 21 – 24, June 2008.
- D. Chung, S. K. Bhattacharya, J. Papapolymerou, “Development of a Lightweight flexible 16×16 antenna array with RF MEMS phase shifters at 14 GHz,” NASA ESTC, June 2008.
- D. J. Chung, S. Bhattacharya, G. E. Ponchak, J. Papapolymerou, “A stitching technique for expanding large 3-D multi-layer antenna arrays in Ku-band using small array units,” 58th Electronic Components and Technology Conference, pg. 175 – 178,May 2008.
- J. Papapolymerou, D. Chung, S. K. Bhattacharya, “Recent Advances in the Development of a Lightweight RF MEMS Phased Array for Space Applications,” IMAPS Conference on Military, Aerospace, Space and Homeland Security (MASH), Baltimore, MD, Apr 2008.
- D. J. Chung, D. Anagnostou, G. Ponchak, M. M. Tentzeris, J. Papapolymerou, “Light Weight MIMO Phased Arrays with Beam Steering Capabilities using RF MEMS,” IEEE 18th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, pg. 1 – 3, Sept. 2007.
- Hyungrak Kim, D. J. Chung, D. Anagnostou, J. Papapolymerou, “Hardwired Design of Ultra-Wideband Reconfigurable MEMS Antenna,” IEEE18th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, pg. 1 – 4, Sept. 2007.
- D. J. Chung, D. E. Anagnostou, G. Ponchak, M. Tentzeris, J. Papapolymerou, “Integration of a 4×8 antenna array with a reconfigurable 2-bit phase shifter using RF MEMS switches on multilayer organic substrates,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation International Symposium, pg. 93 – 96,June 2007.