Chung Hang John Poh (S, 08) received the B.Eng (1st class honors) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 2005, and the M.S.E.C.E in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), Atlanta, in 2009. He is currently working toward the Ph.D. degree at Georgia Tech, with SiGe Devices and Circuits Group under Dr John D. Cressler, and MiRCTECH Group under Dr John Papapolymerou.
- MMIC design using SiGe HBT BiCMOS for radar front-ends
- Power amplifier, RF switch, low noise amplifier, and tunable RF filter
- Microwave active and passive circuit design
- RF Interconnect modeling.
- 2008~ Present: Research Assistant in Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- 2006~2007: Member Technical Staff in DSO National Laboratories, Singapore
- 2005~2006: Scientific and Engineering Officer in DSO National laboratories, Singapore
- 2003 (Jan ~ June): Internship in Siemens Building Technologies, Singapore
- C. H. J. Poh, C. E. Patterson, S. K. Bhattacharya, T. K. Thrivikraman, J. D. Cressler, and J. Papapolymerou, “Comparison and modeling of wirebond and flip-chip interconnects in LCP packages for X-band applications,” in preparation.
- S. Seth, C. H. J. Poh, T. K. Thrivikraman, and J. D. Cressler, “An ultralow power X-band low noise amplifier using SiGe HBTs for airborne-surveillance systems,” in preparation.
- C. H. J. Poh, Sachin Seth, Rajan Arora, T. K. Thrivikraman, J. Papapolymerou, and J. D. Cressler, “A Very Small Monolithic X-band Tunable Bandpass Filter in SiGe BiCMOS Technology,” in preparation.
- C. A. Donado Morcillo, C. E. Patterson, B. Lacroix, T. Thrivikraman, C. H. Poh, C. T. Coen, J. D. Cressler, and J. Papapolymerou, “A lightweight, 64-element, Organic phased array with integrated transmit-receive SiGe circuitry in the X Band,” International Microwave Symposium, June 2011 (accepted).
- R. Arora, S. Seth, J. C. H. Poh, J. D. Cressler, A. K. Sutton, H. M. Nayfeh, G. L. Rosa, and G.Freeman, “Impact of source/drain contact spacting on the RF reliability of 45 nm RF nMOSFETs, “ International Reliability Physics Symposium, Apr. 2011 (accepted).
- C. H. J. Poh, D. C. Howard, P. Cheng, J. D. Cressler, and J. Papapolymerou, “De-embedding transmission lines using a full-wave EM-simulated pad model,” Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, pp. 1208-1211, Dec. 2010.
- S. Shin, S. Hsiao, J. C.H. Poh, and J. Laskar, “A systematic measurement technique to characterize bimodal oscillation for CMOS quadrature LC-VCO,” Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, pp. 1051-1054, Dec. 2010.
- D. C. Howard, J. Poh, T. S. Mukerjee, and J. D. Cressler, “A 3-20 GHz SiGe HBT ultra-wideband LNA with gain control and return loss control for multiband wireless applications,” IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 445-448, Aug. 2010.
- C. H. J. Poh, S. Bhattacharya, J. Papapolymerou, and J. D. Cressler, “Extraction of a lump model of via interconnection in LCP using a single via structure with embedded capacitor,” Electronic Components and Technology Conference, pp. 1783-1788, June 2010.
- A. Madan, T. K Thrivikraman, S. Seth, R. Verman, J. Poh, and J. D. Cressler, “A new and simple measurement approach for characterizing intermodulation distortion without using a spectrum analyzer,” Tropical meeting on Silicon Monolithic Integrated Circuits in RF system, pp. 88-91, Jan. 2010.
- J. C. H. Poh, P. Cheng, T. K. Thrivikraman, and J. D. Cressler, “High gain, high linearity, L-band SiGe low noise amplifier with fully-integrated matching network,” Tropical meeting on Silicon Monolithic Integrated Circuits in RF system, pp. 69-72, Jan. 2010.
- C.H. J. Poh, T. K. Thrivikraman, S. K. Bhattacharya, C. E. Patterson, J. D. Cressler and J. Papapolymerou, “ An LCP package model for use in chip/package co-design of an X-band SiGe low noise amplifier,” IEEE conference on Electrical Performance of Electronic Packaging and Systems, pp. 203-206, Oct. 2009.
- C. E. Patterson, T. K. Thrivikraman, S. Bhattacharya, C. H. Poh, J. D. Cressler and J. Papapolymerou, “Organic wafer-scale packaging for X-band SiGe low noise amplifier,” European Microwave Conference, pp. 141-144, Sep. 2009.